Home Buying Tips
Buying a new residential property involves many moving parts, often overlooked. Christine Cothrun is here to help you understand the complexities of buying to make for a smoother and more comfortable process as a home buying expert. If there’s anything that you have questions or concerns about, you can always feel free to contact her today.
Summarized Tips for Buying a Home
- Check Credit Score – Having an up-to-date credit score is a great way to prepare yourself for the home buying process. Doing this will avoid any hiccups and ultimately save time.
- Pre-approval – To show sellers that you are qualified and serious about purchasing their home, it’s best to get pre-approved for that specific home.
- Down Payment – If you’re serious about buying a new home, you’ve likely been saving up for it. So be sure to put your saving aside and prepare them for the down payment to come.
- Talk with Realtors – If you’ve pinpointed the areas that you’d like to live in, you should be reaching out to realtors to get a feel for their process, experience, and knowledge of the local markets.
- Wants and Needs – Everyone has specific wants and needs when it comes to buying a dream home. Make sure to define these. It also helps to put your desires on a priority list in case not everything can be met.
- Listings – Utilize a home-listing search engine to start browsing potential homes, like the one on my website. This will help you get a good idea of what’s available and the price ranges at the time. Presenting these to your realtor will help give them a better idea of what you have in mind.
- Tours – Not everything is as it seems on the internet. Set some time aside to personally visit the homes and neighborhoods that you’ve found in listings. This will give you a better idea of the surroundings and also help to define what you really want for your next home.
For more home buying tips, please contact me today at 602-677-5411 .